Time spent connecting with nature is really important for our health and wellbeing, but at the current time it’s essential that you do this in as safe a way as possible.
The Government guidelines have been shared that provide some useful points on how to safely access your local green spaces. The full statement can be found here, but the headlines include:
- Stay local and use open spaces near to your home – do not travel unnecessarily
- Only venture outside on your own or with members of your household
- Keep two metres apart from anyone outside of your household
- Do not hold gatherings of more than two in parks or other public spaces – this will be enforced by the police
- If you have a garden, use this for exercise and fresh air
- Take hygiene precautions whilst outdoors and wash your hands when you return to your home.
In the coming weeks we’ll be working hard to find new ways to connect with you and in the meantime please be assured that our work continues, please follow Government advice when outdoors, stay safe and see you soon.