Kinder in colour information about the day
Date: Sunday 24th April 2022
Meeting time: Arrive for midday-1pm, walk to start at 2-3pm
Meeting location: Edale Village
There is a train station in the village, train time from 2 nearest cities:
• 45 mins from Manchester
• 30 minutes from Sheffield
There aren’t any public transport bus routes to Edale
If you decide to come by car, please be aware that on a sunny Sunday it is quite possible there will be no parking spaces left in Edale by 10am. If the weather is dry we might hire a field for parking.
We are going to arrange coaches from major cities. If you would like a place on a coach please email: email@example.com.
Route: We are walking a circular route from Edale Village that should take around 3 hours. As it is Rama- dan we are setting off later in the day. More information about the route and start time will be sent prior to the event. We are not doing the same route as the original trespass, but close enough.
If you think the route will be too long or difficult, you are more than welcome to do part of the route or to stay at base camp and enjoy the surroundings of the Peak District. There will be plenty of people about to meet.
Many walking groups will also be in the area due to the popularity of the area and the Kinder Scout anniversary so do book somewhere to stay early if you are planning to stay over night.
Below there are some hostels and campsites listed. There are also several over b&bs you can book close by (which you can find on google maps).
YHA Activity Centre – hostel Approx 35mins walk to Edale
• Make sure to wear walking boots/appropriate footwear: some rough terrain.
• It’s too early to tell what the weather will be, we’re hoping for sunshine obviously but we might get rain, so dress for all eventualities.
• With heavy hearts we must insist that no dogs are brought along as there might be livestock in the fields.
• There are toilets and we’ll provide tea and coffee and some snacks
• We have organised stewards to be positioned at the start of the route and throughout.