Walk4Health Walking group – you are welcome to join us!
The 100 Black Men Walk for Health, set up in 2004 has inspired Eclipse Theatre Play “Black Men Walking” (read more in the Guardian Newspaper). We’ve changed the name from ‘100 Black Men Walking Group’ to ‘Walk4Health as the group is now diverse with women and young people.
- Group: Walk4Health Walking group
- When: The first Saturday of each month
- Time: 9.30am
- Where: Endcliffe Park in Sheffield, near the Hunters Bar roundabout entrance off Ecclesall Road (A625).
- Length of Walk: Walks tend to be around 3 hours & between 5 to 8 miles
- Type of Walk: Easy to moderate and suitable for all ages. We walk on roads, bridleways, footpaths and up hillsides!
- What to Bring: We recommend you wear comfortable walking boots/walking shoes, a light wind/waterproof jacket, hat & gloves if its cold.
- You might want to bring along a bottle of water and a light snack in a small day backpack.
Sometimes meet to walk at other locations so to keep up to date and find out more, please contact Maxwell.